“The variety of personages, situations, and mental illnesses represented allows all readers to relate to this book and take something away from reading! This novel is on our list of all-time favourites!”
International Girls and Books
“B. A. Bellec has crafted a masterpiece of emotive and well-rounded young adult fiction.”
K.C. Finn – Multi-award-winning Author
“A gripping story of teenage life and the many problems they face. A RED RIBBON WINNER and highly recommended.”
The Wishing Self Book Awards
“B.A. Bellec has truly created a masterpiece that deserves worldwide recognition, awards and so much more.”
Rebecca Ryan – Reedsy
Come read the stunning debut novel from B.A. Bellec suprising readers and critics everywhere!
– Reader Views Reviewer’s Choice Young Adult Book of the Year (March 2021)
- B.R.A.G Medallion Honoree (Apr 2022)
- Readers’ Favorite Young Adult Book of the Year Finalist (Sep 2021)
- Next Generation Indie Book Awards YA 17+ Finalist (May 2021)
- Literary Titan Seal (April 2021)
- The Wishing Shelf Red Ribbon (Feb 2021)
- Shelf Unbound Notable Indie (Dec 2020)
- Readers’ Favorite 5 Star Seal (July 2020)
In his literary debut, B.A. Bellec writes an endearing coming-of-age tale about a group of weirdos that find and save each other from the dark depths of their minds. Someone’s Story is literally Someone’s story, as in a first-person narrative of a teenager that calls himself Someone. As he struggles to ﬁnd a new footing in a new space, we encounter the many ups and downs of modern teenage life, the diﬃculties that adjusting to adult feelings bring, and a few tear-jerking surprises along the way.
Littered with music, mental health, friendship, loss, meditation, advice, pop culture, and even inspiring an EP, there is so much nostalgia, inspiration, and depth here it is hard to absorb it all. Cozy up somewhere warm and enjoy!
Looking for a smaller starting place? Read the sample (5-10 mins) on Wattpad tied to the images below! Thanks to MidKnight Comics for the help.
- IAN Book of the Year Finalist Horror (Nov 2022)
- B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree (Apr 2022)
- The Wishing Shelf Adult Fiction Finalist (Apr 2022)
- Literary Titan Seal (Jan 2022)
- Reader Views Seal (Dec 2021)
- Readers’ Favorite Seal (Dec 2021)
In the year 2040, a mysterious creature is unleashed at the world’s biggest music festival…
“Bellec’s descriptions are phenomenal, brutal, and heart-stopping. There were parts that made my skin crawl, but I couldn’t tear my eyes away. . . I needed more!”
– Jessica Scurlock, Author of the Pretty Lies Series & Pulse Beta Reader
“B.A. Bellec makes politics, climate crisis, technology, pandemics, greed, and corruption look like child’s play.”
– Sheri Hoyte via Reader Views, Organizers of the Annual Reviewer’s Choice Literary Awards Contest
“What impressed me the most was the plethora of poignant social and cultural messages about the advent of capitalism and corporate takeovers happening in (and destroying) our society and planet today.”
– K.C. Finn, Multi-award-winning Author and Reviewer for Readers’ Favorite
Pulse is a plot-driven multi-POV dystopian sci-fi horror thriller set in 2040, centered around a corporation, a creature, and a music festival. Think Fyre Festival, Black Mirror, and X-Files combined. The story deals with themes of capitalism, consumerism, business, politics, pandemics, climate change, activism, and technology while bouncing between a diverse group of characters sure to entertain almost anyone. The book is already being praised for its fantastic use of horror, engaging world-building, and genre-bending approach utilizing some screenplay-like formatting. This is the first entry in a new series with the sequel well underway.
Looking for a smaller entry to the Pulse fictional universe? Months before the novel was released, Bellec wrote a short story. It’s a quick 5-10 minute read and is tied to the musical side of the Pulse story.
Read it now on Wattpad.
LF is a world-famous DJ intertwined with one of the biggest companies in the world, Pulse. LF is starting to question the motives of his boss after an accident at a show followed by some suspicious activity. This story takes place a few years before the novel and is a companion piece to both that novel and the original songs.